Call for Workshop Proposals
The 20th annual IEEE SECON conference will provide a unique forum to exchange innovative research ideas, present recent results, and share experiences among researchers and practitioners in wireless and communication networks. IEEE SECON 2023 especially aims at showcasing cross-disciplinary research, experimentation, and/or hands-on evaluations at the intersection of sensing, communications, and networking (e.g., including machine intelligence, data analytics, edge computing, social networks, rural connectivity, electromagnetic fields).
IEEE SECON 2023 will hold half-day and full-day workshops on 11 September 2023, in conjunction with the main conference. The goal of the workshops is to provide a forum for researchers to discuss early research results and share experiences on specific topics that are more focused than those of the general conference. The workshops will be held online. The accepted papers of the workshops will appear in IEEE Xplore.
As a tentative timeline, the workshops should target June 1 2023 for paper submissions with acceptance notifications approximately four weeks later, and the camera-ready version of accepted papers due no later than 15 July 2023.
Workshop Proposal Format
Please include the following information in your workshop proposal:
A draft call for papers (as complete as possible), which should include:
1. Motivations, aims, and rationale for the workshop,
2. Names and affiliations of workshop organizers,
3. Tentative composition of the technical program committee.
1. Workshop title,
2. Proponent’s name, institution, and bio sketch,
3. Workshop format (half day/full day, program structure)
4. Expected number of submissions / accepted papers and (if known) participants,
5. Prior history of the workshop, if any (including number of submissions, of accepted papers, and of attendees).
6. A comparison to related workshops in similar venues over the past two to three years (e.g., INFOCOM, ICC, IPSN, MobiCom).
Email a PDF copy of the proposal to the workshop chairs (email@example.com) with subject line “Workshop Proposal for IEEE SECON 2023”.
Proposal Submission: 22 February 2023
Proposal Acceptance Notification: 2 March 2023
Workshops: 11 September 2023
Klara Nahrstedt (UIUC, USA) and Vincenzo Mancuso (IMDEA Networks Institute, Spain)
Elahe Soltanaghai (UIUC, USA)
György Dán (KTH, Sweden)
Chiara Petrioli (University of Rome La Sapienza) Chair
Fred Bauer (Cisco)
Tommaso Melodia (Northeastern University)
Gian Pietro Picco (University of Trento)
Jack Stankovic (University of Virginia)